Monday, November 23, 2009

Tyler

Tyler is my 5 year old nephew that I love and adore (as I do my other nephews and niece). I was in the delivery room when he was born but since I lived in NJ, I missed the first 4 years or so of his life. When I did come to Colorado to visit, he recognized me and would chat with me (when he got to talking age of course!) Ty has some speech issues and the poor little guy has some social anxiety. He is the cutest thing, and I love him to pieces. It breaks my heart that he will not speak to me. He will hug me when I ask him to, he laughs when I tickle him, nod yes or no but he will not speak to me. If he sees me listening to him talking to another person, he will stop and hide his face. I am not sure why this is, but it is a really hard thing for me to accept. I just want him to feel comfortable around me and like being around me.

Today I went over to borrow a suitcase from Noelle and she told me Ty was in his room. He was bummed because there was no one to play with. I knocked on his door and he asked, "What?" Of course he did not know it was me. I walked in and say hi to him, and much to my surprise he said hello back. I asked him what he was doing, and again, he spoke and said, "Legos." I told him that I heard he wanted to play with someone, and since I had some time, would he like me to build something with him. He said yes, and then he put his arms around my neck and put his cheek to my cheek. I melted! I was so excited that he said something to me and I was really looking forward to playing with him. Then we learned the neighbor was home and wanted to play with Ty. So he packed up his Legos and off he went down the street. So much for playing with Tanta.

I love this kid so much. Although he may only say a few words to me now and then, I know he is smart, I know his personality. I especially love that he loves the camera and on school picture day, he wanted to wear a suit to school. Today I was somewhere where they needed to see my license (no, not a bar) so I opened my wallet. The lady behind the counter asked if the picture of my niece was my daughter. I said no and we got to chatting about my 4 nephews and niece. She was oohing and aahing about them so I showed her some pictures (Yes, I talk to everyone). I showed her the pics of Ty and said my brother thinks he looks like he wants to sell us some real estate. I agree with him, and the lady said she would buy anything from Ty. I would have to agree. I love you Tyler Joe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!