Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Snow!

I might just be the only person on the planet who adores snow. Love, love, love it. Sure, warm weather is nice but it stresses me out. I don't like to be hot (temperature wise of course), I hate being pasty white and never ever tan, I do not "do" shorts, and I am just not a warm weather kind of gal unless it is on vacation. Even then, I need a breeze. I am a HUGE grump in warm weather. Especially in humidity. We are headed to New Jersey and Philly this summer....in June. Am I excited to see Bryan's grandparents, where they live, go on vacation with my fiance and future step kids? Yes. Am I giddy at the thought of Dunkin Donuts, Gibbles Cheese Puffs, Italian Ice and the Philadelphia Soft Pretzel Factory? Yes. Am I dreading the humidity? Yes. I lay awake at night wondering what I am going to wear during this hot time. I also think about what am I going to wear to our planning session at Disney in July. I keep wondering how our engagement pictures are going to turn out in the blistering heat. Yes, I am assuming it will be blistering hot. I like worrying about things I have no control over.

Back to the original point-it is snowing like crazy here. Love it. My Facebook friends keep posting "enough with the snow." Um, this is only the 3rd snow or so we have had this entire fall/winter. Be thankful if you hate it so much. Another weird thing that happens when there is snow, is I get ridiculously jealous of my friends who are teachers that get school canceled because of the snow. WHY? I no longer work so I technically stay home every day. Yet, I get bummed when I see schools are closed. Perhaps I am missing the memory of waking up learning I did not have to go to work that day (rare, but it happened). Those days were glorious. Going back to bed knowing you were getting paid to stay inside. I do hope it keeps snowing so my sister gets a day off (although she was just in Cozumel for 7 days and has only been back in school for 2 days) but snow days are few and far between so I am doing my snow dance for her.

Bring on the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!