Sunday, July 25, 2010

One Year Ago

Wow, I really stink at this blogging thing lately. I need to get back into it!

This time last year I was getting ready to go on a "meeting" with Bryan. We had talked for months via email but had not met. I was done with dating and just wanted to meet a new friend. I had no idea it was a date or that he would turn out to be my future husband. It is crazy to think that one year ago he was about to pick me up, show up at my door with a rose, and ask me in the car if I liked pizza. I should have seen it as a sign after that question! We went to a place downtown, talked a lot, we came back to his house to see pictures of a trip he took to Disney and then he brought me home. He was so nice, so polite, and adorable. I thought we would just be good friends. Well, that night was the beginning of a great relationship.

Just 3 days short of dating 6 months, he asked me to marry him. I asked him if he wanted anything for our anniversary and he said no, he did not even want a card. Normally I do not listen, but I did this time, and only got him a card. He said he was taking me out to dinner on Friday and that was all I expected.

This morning we got up, and I walked downstairs to see what I thought was a sign:

It was wrapped in black and white polka dot ribbon (which is going to be incorporated into everything at our wedding.  Little did I know there was a whole bunch of pages with a poem he wrote. It was adorable and made me cry. I thought it was amazing, and then I got to a sign that said Open Box 1. What? A box? At this point he pulled out a box:
I know this box. It is a box from the jeweler. I was confused but I opened it and inside was a beautiful diamond band. He told me to keep reading, and a few pages later I saw this:
My picture taking ability was not good at this point as I was still confused. It was another box from the jeweler and inside was ANOTHER diamond band. In his book he made me, it said he wanted me to have a wedding band for the wedding day (since all three of my engagement bands are already sealed together). I cried and was still in awe. I have never been spoiled like this and it was so sweet. I would have been amazed at just the book he made, what he wrote and the pics that were in it, but he went above and beyond. I felt lame only having a card for him. Here is what all of it looked like:

I would love to post every page of what he wrote but I do not want to embarass him. Here is a bad picture of both of the rings:
The right one is my one year dating anniversary ring. I love it! 

Yesterday I went to have my ring cleaned and as I waited I looked at rings. The lady who helped us with my engagement ring was there and she knew I had a certain ring that I loved. I look at it every time I get my ring cleaned and it was not there last time I went. They actually had it this time. When I came home, I told Bryan they had the ring I wanted (We had talked about getting me a band for the wedding). He just said Oh really and that was that. Little did I know he had went to the jewelry store in search of the ring and he did not find it. When I opened my rings he told me he would not be offended if I exchanged one of the rings for the other one. Problem is I loved both of them, and he gave them to me on this day so I said no.

We took the boys to see Despicable Me today. Everyone in line for popcorn had a coupon. I got online and saw it was $1.00 for any size drink or popcorn but you had to have the coupon. I did not want to spend $8 on popcorn so I told the cashier my printer was not working (it isn't so it isn't a total lie) and asked if I could get the coupon price. He said sure! I feel guilty but we saved money. The movie was adorable and I was pleasantly surprised as I thought we were seeing the Megamind one-I had them confused. We all really liked it and there were some funny parts. Here we are before the movie. So odd to think at this time last year I had not met the boys and now they are such a huge part of my life:



On the way home, Bryan took the long way home hoping the boys would sleep. No such luck. Bryan got off the highway and went to the jewelry store again. He wanted to see the ring. The lady that helped him pick out the rings I got today was there and she said she was going to call him and let him know the ring was there. We looked at it, and I thought we would leave but he got it for me. I have never had this much jewelry in my life! I don't know how I am going to wear it all. I am only going to wear my engagement ring and the dating anniversary ring until the wedding. I love them all so much!

Tonight we went to dinner with Nana and Papa. Torrin cried the entire time and refused to eat his dinner, but other than that, it was nice!

I can't believe how fast a year has gone by and how much my life has changed. I am a lucky lady!

1 comment:

  1. Your pics are so awesome! The kids are adorable...congrats on the "1 year"!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!