Monday, March 14, 2011

In college, my good friend Kate met Jeremy at a bar called Suite 152. I was there the night they met and for some reason I will never forget that night, or what Jeremy was wearing. He had on khaki pants and a blue dress shirt. He was smitten with Kate and later took her on a date. Kate was surprised that a college guy actually wanted to take her on a date. This was rare in college, but it happened and eventually an relationship developed which resulted in marriage. I was a bridesmaid in their wedding and it was a beautiful day. I always admired how in love they were, how happy they were, and how much he adored my friend.

Through the years, Tracy, Carolyn, Kate and I, along with our boyfriends at that time, all did things together. I have a lot of pictures of those times which included weddings, parties, sporting events, BBQ's, etc. When I lived in New Jersey, I flew home for the Christmas holiday and I was sometimes able to stay for New Years Eve. Kate worked at the Hyatt and every year she had to work late and was not able to join us until much later in the evening. We usually went to dinner before hand, and my boyfriend at the time was in NJ and Jeremy was without Kate, so we would always say we were each others backup date. Here is a picture of us one year:


One day when I was driving back to NJ from Boston, I got a phone call from Kate. She told me she was leaving Jeremy. I was shocked, but due to the circumstances surrounding her decision, it was what she had to do at the time. She loved him so much, and I admire her for her decision. Kate recently remarried but she still kept in contact with Jeremy. He was still in love with her and she will always remember the special love they had and all the wonderful times they shared.

On February 26th, Jeremy passed away. It came as a shock to many people. Although I did not talk to Jeremy except through Facebook every now and then, I still have many memories that include him. On Saturday there was a memorial. There were a lot of people there who loved Jeremy. We watched a slideshow of his life-so many wonderful pictures showing a life filled with laughter, good times and wonderful friendships. The guys he grew up with were all there. Justin flew in from Germany, Kyle came from Texas and his other best friends all flew in as well. During the slideshow, Kyle broke down sobbing. It was so hard for all of us to see. Seeing his parents hugging Kate was also emotional.  Despite what happened, his mom wants Kate to be happy and that was very sweet.

It is hard to believe Jeremy is gone. I hope that the good times comfort his parents, family and friends during this very difficult time. I am glad I knew him for the time I did, and I am so glad he loved Kate so much. Goodbye Jeremy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!