Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Random Thoughts

As many of you know, I am extremely random. I say what I think and assume people traveled along the thought process that took place in my brain. Sadly, 99% of the time, this is not the case. This blog will be random. Very rarely will there be themes. Bear with me. It is how I roll :)

A few things that are on my mind right now:
  • I went out to dinner tonight and when I came home all I could think about was having a pudding cup. I get on certain food kicks and lately it is JelloVanilla Pudding, also known as deliciousness in a tiny cup. I get home and go to the fridge eagerly anticipating the deliciousness that awaits. Then....it happened. I open the door and I do not see any pudding. I move the milk actually thinking it is hiding from me. I wonder if I put it on the door. Nope. No pudding. Sadness ensues and my stomach and taste buds are highly disappointed.
  • While I was walking on the Cherry Creek Trail today, I walk past a man who is speed walking while smoking a cigar. Interesting.
  • My friend Ethan and I had a waitress tonight whose name was Jessie. She wore the shortest jean shorts I ever saw, and a tube top with BIG neon pink earrings. Her belly button was pierced and she had on black and white knee highs like these:
Granted, she did not have the spaces for toes, although I don't know for sure as she was wearing shoes. The thought of actually wearing the pair shown makes me cringe as I HATE things between my toes. Having to wear those would be torture (and a major fashion don't in my book!)

Back to the point: Jessie had the voice of a "Valley Girl" and although I am not one to judge, she was incredibly ditzy.  Not sure why I had to share that info with you, but I did.
  • I have the best boyfriend ever. I really do. I am super lucky. 
  • I am not a fan of Tuesday night TV. Nothing is on. I did come across the show Hoarders on A&E last night and thought oh no, this is another one to put on the already filled DVR (Hello, my name is Dani and I am a TVaholic. There, I said it.) Hoarders makes me feel SO much better about my small piles of mail and scrapbook stuff. If you don't know what it is, here is the link: http://www.aetv.com/hoarders/ I was mesmerized by the people on this show. I felt anxiety watching them. I wanted to go into their houses and tell them they REALLY did not need that piece of broken tile or the green tutu. Then again, it is hard to give up things of your own that have meaning to you. It is far easier to throw away other people's things. When I need to purge I call my sister. I am thinking she needs to come down again sometime soon ;o)
    • I would like to say a big Hello to my friend Suzy's boyfriend Joe. I am truly sorry that I took the other blog down, but now you have this one to read so you get a sense of who I am. You should do this, because I already know everything about you (don't get mad). Go Eagles! ;o)
    • Before you share your blog link with the world, make sure you delete the other blogs attached to your email address. Once upon a time I had a dating blog and I really did not remember what I had wrote on that site. Then people started telling me they found the dating blog. This sent me into a panic. What had I written? When I got home I went to the old blog and had to laugh. Some of the stories I had completely forgotten. I absolutely cringe over the post of how I was sad because I thought my previous ex was "the One." Um, he cheated on me, lied to me, cheated on his ex wife, had a father who had many affairs one of which produced a child, said mean things to me and we broke up several times. PLUS he played the piano endlessly which drove my sister and brother a tad bit batty (at least that is the impression I got). The color guard was doing a full blown routine with their red flags but I had been on SO many bad dates that the first somewhat nice and fun guy that came along looked like Prince Charming when in reality he was a big old toad. Sure, I was sad for about a week but I look back and think WHY did I waste tears on that guy? He was wrong for me in so many ways, and now that I am with someone amazing who I love and adore (as well as his kiddos), I realize just how foolish I was. On the positive side, I am glad for every horrible date I went on and for meeting all the wrong people. It made it a whole lot easier to realize when the right one came along. 
    • As I was driving through my neighborhood tonight, I saw a house totally decked out for Christmas already. Then I drove through town and some of the strip malls have their Christmas lights on. It seems to me that it gets earlier and earlier every year. Granted, I LOVE this time of year and I LOVE the holidays but it does not feel like November to me at all.
    • Speaking of lights-I know Christmas is to celebrate the birth of Christ and I hope I do not offend anyone by saying this, but I think it would be kind of cool to have people put up lights a month and a half before my birthday. There really is nothing to celebrate between August and September so why not? Instead of pictures of Santa there could be pictures of me in the stores. Signs and calendars alerting you to how many shopping days are left until Dani's birthday. Somehow I do not think this will catch on but I can dream can't I? 
    I have a million other things I could write, but House Hunters in on, and well, my couch is calling.

    Goodnight!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Followers

    About Me

    My photo
    Parker, Colorado, United States
    Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!