Saturday, January 30, 2010

The Funny Things They Say

At 5, Camden is very intelligent. He thinks of things most kids would not. Prime example: The day after we got engaged, Bryan left the room for a few minutes. Camden came up to me and the conversation went something like this:

Camden: "Dani, are you really going to marry us?"
Me: "Yes Camden, I am going to marry you."
Camden: "Well, I have a surprise for you then. It is something I have been wanting to give you. Wait here."

I wait as Camden goes to one of his MANY drawers filled with things Camden loves. We are not sure how many he has in the house, but these drawers are important to him as they are a way to hide things from his little brother.

He comes back and says, "Dani. Close your eyes, and stick out your hand."  As a former teacher, this request does not usually result in something pleasant. I was a bit nervous.

As I am standing there with my hand open, he places something cold in my hand. I open my eyes to see this:


He then says, "I know weddings are expensive, so I wanted to pay for our wedding. This should cover it."
So sweet, so naive, yet so very thoughtful!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!