Friday, January 29, 2010

The House That I Built

When Bryan went to his Dad's house in Ft. Collins awhile back, he got a huge tub of Legos from when he was a kid. Camden and I tend to build with them from time to time. I usually work on a "police station" but I felt like building an ordinary, basic house last week. Camden was ok with this, so here is the final masterpiece of fancy architecture (keep in mind 2 year old Torrin tossed it around a few times, hence the missing Legos)

When it was time for bed, Camden came over and looked at this masterpiece and was highly impressed (it does not take much to impress a 5 year old. Get a balloon from Red Robin and they think they won the lotto!) He then told me to wait a minute, he needed to get something. He came back with 4 Legos. He put one Lego in and said, "This is Daddy." Then he put another Lego in and said, "This is Dani." Then he put the third Lego in and said, "This is Camden" and then the last one went in as he said, "This is Torrin." After the Legos were in there he said, "This is my family." He hugged me and started to head to bed. I cried. I thought that was so sweet and I love that he thinks we are a family. Here is the picture of our "family" in our "house."  I think Torrin throw in some more Legos. Maybe he thought the dogs needed a Lego too.


On another note, when we picked Camden up from school we heard him tell his friend, "My Mom and Dad are here to pick me up." Although I am not his biological mother, I will love him and Torrin as if they are my own. On the way out of school, there is a tub of lollipops. He got 4 of them and told me he got 4 so there is 1 for each member of his family. Love that kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!