Monday, March 29, 2010

Justin Turns 8

About three weeks ago (yes, I am a bit behind) my third oldest nephew turned 8. Where did the time go?  I remember being on recess duty getting the call that my sister in law was in labor. I rushed to the hospital and made it just in time for him to arrive. He did not have a name for awhile because my brother and sister in law could not agree on a name. Eventually they decided on Justin Patrick. When he was born, he had dark skin, and black hair. I did not think he was a Diak. Eventually his hair fell out, went blond and now it is back to being dark. Before I moved to NJ, he was my buddy. When I moved it hurt to be away from him, but he talked to me on the phone, sent me pictures, and was so excited to see me when I came back to visit. Now that he is older, his Tanta (me) is not exciting to him. He does not talk to me all that much, and Legos, Bakugan and the computer have replaced me. It makes me sad and I miss the days of snuggling, the kisses and him saying, "You came all the way from New Jesus to see me?!" Now he is in 2nd grade!

For his birthday we had a sort of Mario themed party. Here are some pictures from his family party!










































Noelle made a cake, which Torrin really enjoyed:

After the party, we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. Let me just say I am thrilled that Camden and Torrin love their soon to be cousins. Torrin adores Ethan, and they genuinely adore my other nephews and niece. Torrin calls Kaya his girlfriend. I guess this is ok because they are not blood related but still, they will be step cousins. Torrin is always trying to make a move on Kaya. Usually is starts with a hug:


Sometimes, a belly bump:



Then he usually goes for the kisses:
She looks like she is telling him Um, I don't think so. She lets him down easy:

They have such a good time together, and they are super cute and funny when they get around each other.

One of my favorite photos from that night is this picture:

Is it not because it is a good picture, but because after we took it, I had to look at it, and I noticed my brother jumped into it to be funny. It made me laugh.

Justin was sang to and of course he was embarrassed. At least he posed for a pic! Have a great year monkey! I love you so much!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!