Friday, April 2, 2010

Saying Goodbye

As I may have mentioned before, when Bryan and I went on our first date, he told me that if the weather was nice he would pick me up in his Camaro. I was a little worried as I thought he would have faded denim jeans, a concert t-shirt and possibly a mullet. He never informed me that it was the new Camaro so I was pleasantly surprised when he arrived. Sure, it is not my style but he loves that car. Love, love, loves it.

In the past he mentioned selling it when we talked about money, but I did not think it would ever happen. The other night he came to me and told me he made a decision and was going to trade it in. I repeatedly asked him if he was certain of his decision. Did I mention he loves this car? He said he was sure. The boys can't fit in it (car seats will not fit), his golf clubs won't fit, he can only drive it maybe once a week, and it costs a fortune, so he was sure this was the right thing to do. As long as he was ok with giving up something he worked so hard for, I was ok with his decision.

Last night we went to look at cars. Originally, he wanted another BMW but they would not work with him so we went to look at Audi's last night and he found one he liked. He made his decision, and today he is on his way to get the Audi and to say goodbye to the Camaro. Before he left, the boys went for one last ride. We took pictures of course:
Yes, they hugged it goodbye. I am proud of Bryan for making this decision. It had to be a hard one but I think he really likes the new car. It is fast (even if it is a 4 door) and he said it is a lot of fun to drive. I am a little sad that the car we went on our first date is no longer with us though :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!