Thursday, April 22, 2010

Easter-a tad bit late


Bryan was super excited for Easter. It does not thrill me like Christmas does, but all the Forrest men were excited.

On Friday Nana and Papa came over and we dyed eggs then went for pizza. The boys had so much fun!

I love that they love my parents. It is as if they are their biological grandparents. They get so excited when they know Nana and Papa are coming over. I am thankful for that, and for them spending time with their future step grandkids.
On Easter morning we woke up and the boys were excited. Camden was really sick so that put a damper on things. The Easter Bunny (aka-me) went downstairs to hide the eggs. Every now and then I spell an egg and wonder if we really got all of them. Here they are with the eggs they found:
When we take pictures of Torrin, it usually looks like he is growling. Well, he usually is growling. We wonder if this is normal for a 2 year old? One night he growled at me and to prove a point, I growled back, loudly. He cried for about 30 minutes. Oops.

The boys got some candy and some toys. Camden got a Lego car with a man he says is called "Odd." We find this odd. Torrin got a ton of Army Men which he refers to as "Bad Guys."

After they went through their baskets, Torrin kept shaking it thinking more would come out:
He later realized there were Sweet Tart gummies in some of the eggs. He REALLY wanted me to have some. This picture makes me laugh:
After some of the candy was eaten and the baskets dumped, Bryan took Camden to the Urgent Care since he had a high fever. He had the spots on his throat like Torrin had the week before but it was not strep. They gave him antibiotics anyway and within a few days he was better. I am convinced they will be sick forever. They are always getting sick.

That afternoon we headed to Nana and Papa's house for dinner. My brother John, his wife Noelle and their three kids joined us. Torrin and Camden love their future cousins so it is fun to see them get together. Torrin adores Mikaya. He always tries to kiss her:

She usually just ignores him and then eventually warms up to him. During dessert they were having a lot of fun:
We are not sure how Torrin gets so messy. He actually looks pretty clean there. After dessert it was nice out so I wanted to take some pictures outside.
I am not sure how we are going to get good family pics at the wedding considering Bryan and Torrin do not like to look at the camera. After our pic, I got some of the kiddos:
Mikaya will soon have 4 boy cousins, and 2 brothers. I really hope we have a girl to help this kiddo out.
Not sure why I was slouching so much. We tried again for another family picture:
Then I took some pics with my nephew and niece:
Love those kids! Then Torrin and Mikaya got another picture together. I think it is so cute!
I hope they will always be buddies!

After the pictures, we headed home. Torrin obviously had a rough day and just wanted to chill:
I hope everyone had a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!