Friday, February 19, 2010

Our Trip to Seattle

Bryan had to go to Oregon and Washington on business so he asked me to fly out and visit him. I had never been to Seattle and always wanted to go, so I had no hesitation.

A week ago I flew out to Seattle. On the way there, I was going through security and I picked up a ladies suitcase on the belt to get things out of the way. She said, "Excuse me. That is MY bag. It is from Italy. Is yours from Italy?" Um, no, I am trying to help. She told me again her bag was from Italy and it would not be that much help to me to have her bag.  I walked away and who did I run into in the food line? Bag from Italy woman. She was in front of me. I told her I would not steal her luggage. Guess what she said next, "Good, because this bag is from Italy. I don't DO Samsonite anymore." Forgive me for having a Samsonite.

I made my way to the plane and had a decent flight to Seattle. I got to the airport and took the light rail to downtown. I was impressed with myself. $2.50 versus a $35 cab. The weird thing is no one checked my ticket. I guess it was on the honor system.

Bryan met me downtown and he went to get a haircut. He loves getting haircuts :)  After that, we went to the Space Needle. It was raining and cloudy so we almost did not go that night. We heard the food was mediocre for the outrageous prices but since the observation deck prices were included, we decided to do it. We were going to switch it to Saturday but I am glad we did not. More on that later.

Bryan and I are not big on heights. We hate them, but the Space Needle is somewhere I have always wanted to go. Now I can say I have been there, and have had dinner there. Here are some pictures from that night:


 
  
  

Despite the height, we had a nice view despite the rain. I took a ton of pictures but did not want to fill up the blog with scenic shots. I am proud of Bryan for going to the top, taking a picture there, and eating at the rotating restaurant. Now we can say we have had dinner there!

More later about Saturday and Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!