Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Saying Goodbye....

Today is the day I did not think would come. I mean, I knew it would, but I wasn't planning on it happening so quick. When Bryan and I got engaged, there were talks of me needing a bigger car. I said I was fine, the two car seats fit, and we don't have another kid yet, so we are fine. Plus my car is paid for. It was idle chatter, but then Bryan decided to get rid of his baby-the Camaro, and he traded it in for his new baby, the Audi (or as the kids call it, the Owie) This was his car he was going to drive all the time, unlike the Camaro that sat in the garage. When he got the Audi, this left the BMW SUV available, which we decided would become mine. No, it is not a ton bigger, but it is nicer. It has heated seats and a heated steering wheel which is pretty cool. We agreed upon it and put my car up for sale on Craig's List. Here is a picture. I feel bad it is kind of dirty.

We immediately got calls on it. A guy named Tim came by and looked at it. I felt like it was cheating on me. Someone else was driving my car. Last night someone named Mike came by. Mike bought my car. He is coming by in a few hours to pick up the car.

Last night as I lay there in bed, the wedding thoughts were overrun with thoughts of my car. I got this car on September 28th, 2002. It is a 2003 and it just hit 56,000 miles. I have never had a car this long so it has been a part of me. It was the car I drove to New Jersey when I moved. It was the car that took endless amount of trips to Boston, Philadelphia, and places all over New Jersey. It held the friends I met in New Jersey and my Colorado friends. It was the car that I would take naps in during my lunch break when I was teaching. It was the car that I went to and sobbed in the day I found out I lost my job. It holds some very good memories (and some bad ones) but it has been with me for almost 8 years and today I have to say goodbye. I am going to let Bryan deal with it as I will probably break down. We are taking it for one last drive before it leaves me forever. I will take pictures of course. Yes, I am happy to have the BMW SUV, something I always loved but I knew I would never be able to afford. Bryan has given it to me and I do love it, but I will miss my car. My "Mazdarati."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Parker, Colorado, United States
Taking it one day at a time while sharing the events of my ordinary and random life!